Our Mission is:
The Comox Valley Children’s Day Care Society will operate and deliver high quality, accessible early care and learning programs that are responsive to and reflective of the desires and capabilities of the children, families, educators and community. Our programs will be guided by the principles of the BC Early Learning Framework and the Early Childhood Educators of BC Code of Ethics.
Our Vision is
We envision an early years community of caring; one that recognizes and supports lifelong learning for children, families, and educators. We beleive in environments that are joyful and engaging, where supportive relationships and collaborative experiences are at the core of everyday practice.
- Children and childhood
- The role of parents/guardians as the primary educators for children
- The involvement of parents/guardians in Society operations
- Caring and trained educators
- Reflective and ethical practice
- Inclusive environments
- Connection to nature and community
- Collaboration with community partners
We follow the Early Childhood Educators of B.C Code of Ethics.
Early Childhood Educators;
- Promote the health and well-being of children
- Use developmentally appropriate practices when working with all children
- Demonstrate caring for all children in all aspects of their practice
- Work in partnership with parents supporting them in meeting their responsibilities to their children.
- Work in partnership with colleagues and other service providers in the community to support the well-being of families
- Work in ways that enhance human dignity
- Pursue, on an ongoing bases, the knowledge, skills, and self-awareness needed to be professionally competent
- Demonstrate integrity in all their professional relationships.