Comox Valley Children’s Day Care Society
COVID Health Policy
Question: Does your child have any symptoms of illness?
Fever ,chills, cough, or worsening of chronic cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, runny nose, loss of sense of smell or taste, headache ,fatigue, diarrhea, loss of appetite nausea and vomiting ,muscle aches. (from the CDC “COVID Guidelines for Child Care)
- They cannot attend child care or preschool
- You must consult with your doctor who can determine if your child needs a COVID test.
- Follow the direction of your doctor.
- Should your doctor recommend a COVID test, then a clear result is needed prior to returning to child care.
- Should your doctor not recommend a COVID test your child needs to remain at home until they are symptom- free. If your child’s condition worsens, you need to consult your Doctor again.
- Your child may return to the center once you have followed the steps above and they are symptom-free. If your child needs medication to get through the day (fever meds,cold meds, stomach remedies etc), they are still ill and cannot attend.
Question: Did your Doctor conclude that your child’s illness is due to asthma or allergies? Answer: “Yes” Action: Discuss this situation with your child’s Supervisor
Please do not ask our educators to make exceptions to these policies. We know it can be very difficult when your child is ill. Please plan ahead for this situation. We will be following these policies for the safety of all families and our staff.
Question: “Has your family travelled outside of the Comox Valley?”
Answer: “ Yes”
Action: “If this was for essential travel like a medical appointment your child can attend as usual, If not your child needs to be away from the center for 14 days. This follows the current provincial health order which tells us to STAY HOME.
Question: “Does your child attend another childcare/preschool/strong start program?”
Answer : “Yes”
Action: “ Your child cannot attend any of our programs if they attend another childcare/preschool/ strong start center
COVID SOCIETY POLICY
Any children who attend a CVCDCS program may not attend any other licensed childcare or strong start programs.